Singapore expats live together – level 2
The coronavirus made things more difficult for expats in Singapore. They started to worry about their work, and sometimes, they did not have enough money to rent an apartment.
They found a solution called co-living. Co-living is when residents rent a room, and they share a kitchen or other rooms. It is a good way to save money, and some people like it also because they do not need to rent a room for the full year. Co-living is not the most popular way of living, but business operators say that the number of people who look for co-living, is growing.
The interesting fact is that people started to look for co-living during the coronavirus pandemic. Operators explained that in Singapore, the government works hard to stop the virus, and people are not afraid to live together.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.