Singer Sells Clothes – level 1
Janet Jackson is an American singer. She is 54 years old. She is Michael Jackson’s sister. Jackson wants to sell her clothes. She wants to sell more than 1,000 pieces. They are costumes from her concerts and music videos.
Some clothes are really special, for example, her wedding dress. Jackson wears it in 1991. It is her second wedding.
Another special costume is a silver coat. Jackson wears it in a music video. The song is called ’Scream’. Jackson sings it with her famous brother.
Jackson never sells her clothes before. She wants to give all the money to a charity.
Difficult words: music video (a video that is a short movie for a song), wedding (a party where two people get married), charity (an organization which gets money from people and companies and gives them to other people who have little money or who have big problems)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos