Sisters meet after 30 Years – level 1
This news is about two sisters. They are from Bolivia. They are only three and nine years old when a volcano erupts. 20,000 people die.
The volcano destroys the sisters’ town. The event separates the sisters. Different people adopt them. This happens in 1985.
Thirty years later, one of the sisters is in a video. She talks about her family. She wants to find them.
The other sister sees the video. She finds her sister. The two sisters meet again. They have 30 years to talk about! They are also trying to find their parents.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What obstacles have the sisters encountered in their search for their parents?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.