Skeleton is found – level 2
Scientists found a 4,000 year-old skeleton not far from Stonehenge. The skeleton was a teenager. Scientists are now trying to find out the age and the gender of the teenager.
The skeleton is about a metre and a half in length, and people found it in a foetal position. It was also wearing a necklace.
One doctor described the skeleton as a “wonderful discovery”. Experts hope that it will shed light on the lives of people who lived around Stonehenge and prayed there.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What can experts learn from the fact that the 4,000 year-old skeleton was wearing a necklace?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.