Skydiver dies in Arizona – level 2
Skydivers from 28 countries came to Arizona, USA. The group of 222 people trained for 18 months.
They wanted to break a world record for the largest number of people to complete two formations. The skydivers attempted to break the record for the first time when an accident happened.
One skydiver’s parachute did not open and her reserve parachute opened too late. She died. The German was an experienced skydiver. She had done 1,500 jumps. Her team performed a special skydive in her honour. It is called the missing man formation.
Difficult words: attempt (try), in her honour (to show respect).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is skydiving dangerous?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos