Sleeping in a Taxi – level 2
Travelling to New York City can be expensive, but one entrepreneur can cut your accommodation costs dramatically. His customers can sleep in the back of a taxi cab for only 40 dollars a night!
The taxi is in the city centre – only three stops from Times Square and one stop from Grand Central Station. People who try it also have a great view of Manhattan.
The so-called “rolling rooms” already attracted a lot of attention from tourists. There is, however, one little problem. There is no bathroom in the taxi, but the customers can use the bathroom of some restaurants.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like this type of accommodation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.