Sleeping in a Taxi – level 3
Travelling to New York City can be expensive, but a new venture has managed to cut the cost of accommodation dramatically.
For less than 40 dollars a night, tourists on a tight budget can enjoy million dollar views of Manhattan from the back of a taxi cab!
Entrepreneur Jonathan Powley recently started offering vans and New York taxi cabs as overnight rentals on Airbnb. Each of the vehicles has been converted to accommodate a large bed and a fan. There obviously is no room for a bathroom in a cab, but Powley has made a list of restaurants in the area that let his guests use theirs.
The so-called “rolling rooms” have already attracted plenty of attention from tourists seeking a central location without a big-city price tag – you’re only one stop from Grand Central Station, and three stops from Times Square in less than 10 minutes.
The business owner said that he thinks, ‘People that do it are just the type that want to try something different.’
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you like this type of accommodation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.