Smallest Baby – level 1
A woman is pregnant. Her baby is 23 weeks old. That is about 6 months old.
The mother does not feel well. She goes to hospital. She has preeclampsia. The baby must be born very early. The baby is not ready to leave her mother’s body. Doctors say that the baby will not live.
However, the baby girl lives. She is six months old now. A nurse says that all nurses help the premature babies. The babies have to be very strong to live.
The mother says that her baby is the smallest baby. She is her baby.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.