Smallest Monkeys in the World – level 2
The smallest monkey in the world weighs only 100 grams. That is as much as an apple. The species is endangered because people are destroying the forests where this type of monkey lives.
A zoo in Sydney is trying to help the species survive. Zoo keepers put together two monkeys to start a monkey family. A year later, two lovely monkeys were born. They weigh just 15 grams and are smaller than a human thumb!
The monkeys are really cute. Check out their video!
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these monkeys?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.