Smart chopsticks – level 2
Japanese scientists made smart chopsticks.
These chopsticks are connected to a special device on a person’s wrist. The device has a small computer to make the chopsticks move while a person eats. Then, sodium ions in the food start to move, and they make the food taste more salty.
Scientists tested the chopsticks on people who were on a diet, and they couldn’t eat much sodium. These people were happy, as the food tasted saltier and better. They didn’t need to eat food with no taste.
Japanese people eat a lot of salt in their diet, which is bad for a healthy lifestyle. Smart chopsticks could help people who like salty food, but they want to be healthy.
Difficult words: chopsticks (a pair of sticks which people in Asia use to eat food), sodium ion (a chemical which is important for some living things), sodium (a soft silver-white chemical which is a part of salt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.