Snakes follow divers – level 1
The large olive snakes live in the sea near Australia. The snake is more than two meters long. It is a venomous snake. Venomous means that if the snake bites someone, the person can die.
Now it is the snake’s breeding season. The snakes become very active. They look for a mate.
The snakes mistake divers for their mates. They follow the divers. They curl around their feet. They attack the cameras. It is very dangerous. The snakes can attack divers at any time.
The large olive snake is a reptile. Reptiles are cold-blooded animals like a snake, lizard, or crocodile. These animals lay eggs on the land near the sea. The olive snake breathes air. It still spends all its life in the sea.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.