Snowboarder makes new moves – level 1
A snowboarder lives in Britain. He likes to make new moves in snowboarding.
He makes the triple backside rodeo. This happens in 2011. He moves in a circle in the air. He keeps moving in the same direction.
Then he makes the 1,800 quadruple cork. This happens in 2015. He flips four times. His body spins in five circles. All of this happens at the same time. People said that they that thought that he could do it. They were right!
Difficult words: quadruple (four), flip (when the body moves in a circle from head to feet), spin (when the body moves in a circle from left to right),
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these manoeuvres?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.