Soccer Players Help – level 1
Coronavirus is spreading across Europe. It affects soccer teams. Some employees start to have money problems. The teams decide to help.
FC Barcelona is the biggest soccer team in Europe. The club wants to reduce money for its players. The club reduces the money by 70%. The club and its players pay 100% of the salaries.
Lionel Messi is the biggest star of FC Barcelona. His salary is one of the highest in the world. He can lose about $50 million dollars. He says that he understands. He is ready to help his team. He does it in the past, too.
Difficult words: spread (to move over a large area), reduce (to make smaller), salary (the money that somebody gets in job).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos