Solar eclipse in Europe – level 1
This news is about the solar eclipse. A solar eclipse happens when the moon blocks the sun. There was a solar eclipse in 1999. There will be a solar eclipse in 2015. There will be a solar eclipse in 2026, too.
This year’s solar eclipse will happen on March 20th. It will happen in Europe. The moon will block ninety per cent of the sun’s light.
Difficult words: block (to be in front of), was (past of “be”), will (“will” means “in the future”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you looking forward to the eclipse? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.