South Korea influencers – level 2
Influencers are people who teach and recommend products or services on the Internet. They are becoming more and more popular worldwide, and in 2020, the influencer industry was about $9.3 billion.
South Korea is about 17% of the influencer business, and many people use Instagram or YouTube to tell their story. One example is with the farm business.
Farmers in rural Korea do not make enough money so they often must create their own brand. They make videos on YouTube about where their products come from and how they grow their crops. This work builds stronger relationships with customers.
Some Korean universities are starting courses in digital marketing and communication. Companies see that they can make money if they sell Korean products online to customers from all the world.
Difficult words: rural (in the countryside rather than the town), brand (a type of product, which a company makes, and sells it under a specific name), digital marketing (advertising and selling products over the Internet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.