South Koreans Start to Like Cheese – level 2
Japan is the biggest consumer of cheese in Asia, but South Korea is one of the fastest growing markets.
This is because South Koreans are starting to like Western dishes like pizza, but they also like to incorporate cheese into their traditional dishes. They say that cheese takes away the heat from spicy dishes.
Per person, South Koreans eat 2.4 kilograms of cheese. It may seem like a lot, but it is only a tenth of the cheese that people eat in France.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like cheese?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.