Space plane without wings – level 1
Experts in Europe make a space plane. They are going to send it into space. It has no wings.
It is important. People want to use it many times. It will study re-entry.
It is going to fly without people. It will fly for 100 minutes. It will fly 450 kilometres into the air. Then it will fall. It will get information.
It will fall in the ocean. A ship will pick it up.
Difficult words: wing (the part on a plane that helps it fly in the air), re-entry (when something which is in space comes back to Earth), be going to/will + do something (do something in the future).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think we will learn a lot from this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.