Space plane without wings – level 2
Scientists in Europe are going to send up a space plane without wings.
The space plane is special because people want to use it to help them learn more about re-entry.
They are going to send it without people on a flight for 100 minutes. It will fly 450 kilometres up into the atmosphere. Then it will fall back to Earth and get information on the re-entry.
After that, it will use a parachute to land in the Pacific Ocean. A ship will come pick it up to get more information.
Difficult words: re-entry (when a spacecraft comes back to Earth), atmosphere (the air around our planet).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think we will learn a lot from this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.