Spanish police catch a UK criminal – level 1
A man is from the UK. He is a criminal. He gets a lot of drugs. He sends a lot of drugs. He is very good at it.
He goes to Spain. The UK says that he is a fugitive. The police want to arrest him.
Someone kills a person in Spain. This person is from the UK, also. The Spanish police spy on the man from the UK.
The UK police says that it wants to arrest the man. The UK and Spanish police work together. The Spanish police catch him.
Difficult words: criminal (a person who does bad things), fugitive (a person who hides from police), spy (to watch secretly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this criminal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.