Special Carpool Karaoke – level 2
It was World Down Syndrome Day on Wednesday 21st. Fifty mums from Britain made a special carpool karaoke video.
In the video, the mums and their children sing to Christina Perri’s song ‘A Thousand Years’. They also sign the lyrics using Makaton, which is a sign language for hearing people with learning or communication difficulties.
The video marked the day and the mums hope to change perceptions about people with Down Syndrome.
Difficult words: Down Syndrome (a person with Down Syndrome has mental and physical problems that he or she needs help with), carpool karaoke (singing to a song in the car), mark (celebrate), perception (how people see something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.