Special skatepark in London – level 2
A skatepark in London received heritage status. People first opened it in 1978, and it now has the same protection like the Houses of Parliament and other historical buildings.
The organisation which awards buildings the status says that the skatepark is modern, but it is part of British sporting heritage. It requires the recognition which Wimbledon has, for example.
The skatepark is the first in Europe to receive heritage status.
Difficult words: heritage (objects or places which are culturally or historically important), award (give), recognition (recognising the full worth of – importance).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.