Speedboat is out of control – level 1
A man is on a boat. He wants to tie up the boat. Something happens. He moves the throttle by accident. The boat moves. The man falls into the water.
The boat moves in a circle. Somebody sees the boat. The person calls for help. The lifeboat crew comes. They get a line on the boat. They stop it.
Difficult words: tie up (“park” the boat), throttle (a thing which controls speed), lifeboat crew (people who help other people at sea).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What safety precautions could have been taken by the man to prevent the boat from moving unexpectedly?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos