Spotify costs more – level 1
Spotify increases prices for its premium plans. This happens in the US and the UK and some other countries.
The company does this because the economy is not good now. The company wants to make more money in these difficult times. In the US, the cost is now 5.99 to 16.99 dollars. The price goes up from 1 dollar to 2 dollars. Spotify says that this helps fans and artists. The company also fires some workers. This saves money.
Other companies like Apple and Amazon do the same to get more money.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some other ways in which companies can make more money during difficult economic times?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.