Spotify costs more – level 2
Spotify increased prices for premium plans in the US and the UK, and other countries too. The company wants to make more money during difficult economic times.
For US plans, prices went up by 1 dollar to 2 dollars, so the prices are now between 5.99 to 16.99 dollars. The company said that this would keep fans and artists happy. To make more profit, Spotify also laid off many workers and changed its podcast unit, which they spent a lot of money on.
Other streaming services like Apple, Amazon, Tidal, and YouTube Premium also increased their prices to make more money.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact will the price increase have on Spotify users and its competitors?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.