Star Wars Day in the WH – level 3
A storm trooper dance party in the White House. US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle had some fun celebrating Star Wars Day with R2-D2 and some storm troopers.
May 4th is referred to as Star Wars Day because of the saying, “May the 4th be with you”. People across the globe celebrated the event on social media, sharing videos and images from the hugely popular film series, but the late entry from the Obamas may perhaps be the most lasting image from this year’s celebrations.
“Come on storm trooper! Come on, baby!”
Difficult words: 4th (“fourth” sounds like “force” – this is a pun, a joke), hugely (very), entry (record, video).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos