Starship spacecraft explodes – level 1
SpaceX has a big rocket called Starship. One day, this rocket will travel to the moon and other planets.
Last week, Starship takes off from Texas. SpaceX plans a flight that will last 90 minutes. After that, the rocket will land in Hawaii. But things go wrong. The rocket flies for only 2.5 minutes. Then it explodes. SpaceX loses signal with it. This is the second test. Another rocket explodes in April.
SpaceX believes that these tests help make Starship better. The company has a 4-billion deal with NASA for moon missions. The company also plans to send people to Mars one day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the next steps SpaceX needs to take to make sure Starship is ready for moon missions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.