Statue of Erdogan – level 1
Wiesbaden is a city in Germany. There is an art festival. Its theme is ‘bad news’. There is a statue at the festival. It is gold. It is of Turkish President Erdogan. It is four metres tall.
Some people support Erdogan. Some people do not. Pro-Erdogan and anti-Erdogan people come to the statue. Some of them protest, some of them cause trouble.
The German authorities do not want trouble. They put the statue away.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.