Stop School Attacks – level 1
The US Secret Service is a government organization. It releases a detailed report about US school attacks. There are many school attacks in the US. The report says that the attacks can be preventable.
The report says that some of the same things happen before the attacks. The students who attack their schools can be bullied. These students can have behavior problems. They tell people about their attacks before they do them.
However, the Secret Service also says that it is not easy to know which students can do a school attack. The organization says that schools need to find students who show warning signs. They need to get them help.
Difficult words: preventable (when someone can stop something from happening), to be bullied (when other people make a person feel bad by saying means words or hurting him or her), warning sign (a behavior that tells you a person can do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.