Storm in the Philippines – level 3
More than 71 people are dead, 17 missing, and more than 40,000 were displaced after a massive storm struck the Philippines.
One of the country’s officials said that the storm was not strong enough to be rated as a typhoon, so many people were unprepared. Dozens of them died in landslides and flooding caused by the heavy rains.
The country already suffered a number of deadly storms recently – Super Typhoon Mangkhut killed more than 80 people in September and Typhoon Yutu killed 17 more.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.