Strange Christmas tree in Paris – level 2
An artist created an installation as a part of a festival for contemporary art. His work of art is in a square in Paris, and nobody left looking at it calmly. One angry Parisian even attacked the American artist.
So what is this all about? The installation is a big Christmas tree, but a lot of people see different things in it. A big upside down wine bottle stopper? Or something else? Use your imagination!
Difficult words: installation (a piece of art), contemporary (present), imagination (when you create things in your mind).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of the "Christmas tree"?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.