Strange old animal – level 1
This news is about an animal. It lived 580 million years ago. Experts find fossils of this animal. They study the fossils. It takes them many years. Finally, they know what the animal looked like.
It was a strange animal. It was 5 centimetres long. It had seven pairs of legs. There were teeth in its throat. Its name is “Hallucigenia”.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the implications of this discovery for our understanding of early animal evolution?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.