Streaming in the US – level 2
Digital streaming is becoming more and more popular with Americans. Reports say that last year, people paid $16.3 billion more for digital streaming services than in the previous year.
Companies like HBO or Netflix convinced people to cancel cable or satelite TV and pay for streaming videos. Currently, more people pay for Netflix than cable or satelite TV.
Now, there are new players on the scene, with Disney and Apple. Disney is already one of the biggest companies in the streaming business. Experts say that Netflix did the hard work and prepared the ideal situation for other companies, that know how to benefit from them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.