Students save a woman – level 1
Students are on a beach. They are Chinese. They play in the snow. One student sees something.
There is a woman in the sea. She is around 50 metres from the shore. She walks into the water. The water is freezing. The woman wants to kill herself.
The students run towards the woman. They save her life. They take the woman to the beach. She runs away. The local police know about her.
Difficult words: shore (land along the sea), freezing (very cold), local (people or things from an area).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.