Suitcase With a Body Inside – level 3
In Italy, a boat owner in the port of Rimini found a suitcase floating in the water and picked it up. He said that it was heavy and thought that it was full of clothing.
Before he called the police, he unzipped the zipper to see what was inside and found a black bag in the shape of a person. He said that a bad smell came out, as well.
Italian forensic police are trying to determine if the body is of Xing Lei Li who disappeared from a cruise in February. In Rome, police arrested her husband, Daniel Belling, in connection with her disappearance. His solicitor says that the body is too tall to be Xing’s body, but investigators are keeping their minds open.
Difficult words: forensic (investigators who use science to study a crime), determine (find out), solicitor (a lawyer).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.