Super-Stonehenge – level 1
Stonehenge is in England. It is a famous monument. Experts find another old monument. It is 3 kilometres from Stonehenge.
This monument was big. It was 500 metres in diameter. People call it ‘Super-Stonehenge’. The monument was 90 stones. These stones were 4.5 metres tall.
One expert says that ‘Super-Stonehenge’ is important. It can tell us more about Stonehenge and the people then.
Difficult words: monument (a big thing people build to show something important), was/were (past of “is”/“are”), diameter (size; a line which goes from side to side).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the Super-Stonehenge?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos