Superhero Window Cleaners – level 1
This news is from England. Some children are in hospital. They are sick.
Three window cleaners want to make the children feel better. They put on superhero costumes. They go on top of the hospital. They come down. They are on ropes.
The children are sitting near a window. They can see the superheroes through the window. The children are very happy. The window cleaners are happy, too. They like to make the children feel better.
Difficult words: window cleaner (a person who cleans windows), superhero (a character from a story who has special powers and who helps people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you clean windows?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos