SUVs in Paris – level 1
Paris wants to make the city greener for the Olympics in 2024. They are making SUV parking more expensive. SUVs are large strong cars. They are very popular nowadays.
Few people vote on this. SUVs may pay more for parking. People say that big cars pollute more. Also, they use too much space. People should use bikes or trains. But some people say that it is too expensive to stop using cars.
Paris leaders consider this vote. They want car makers to make smaller cars.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What actions are Paris leaders taking to address the issue of reducing car usage and promoting greener transportation options in the city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.