Sword attack in Sweden – level 2
In Sweden, a man with a sword killed a teacher and injured four students at a school.
People took the students to hospital and doctors operated on them. The local hospital said that the students were “young but not kids”.
The suspect wore a mask. After police shot him, he is in a serious condition.
Difficult words: sword (a thing which looks like a big, long knife), suspect (the criminal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.