Tacos with insects – level 1
This news is about food. A restaurant in Mexico offers something special. It puts insects in its tacos. You can have, for example, bugs, spiders and scorpions.
The insects are wild. People go into the hills, lift up rocks and catch them. This can be dangerous because some insects sting.
Some people don’t want to eat insects. Then they try it, and they like it! Some insects don’t have a characteristic flavour. You can give them any flavour that you want.
Difficult words: insect (small animal with six legs), sting (attack with a sharp part of the body), flavour (how something tastes).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Well, would you have one? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos