Tattooed Santa – level 2
A Brazilian artist plays a shopping mall Santa during the Christmas season. He has white hair and a beard so he fits the role.
However, there is something interesting about this Santa Claus. Ninety-four per cent of his body has tattoos. Many of his tattoos are related to Christmas. You can find a picture of Jesus and Jingle Bells, for example. Yes, he is a very committed Santa player.
Difficult words: beard (facial hair), tattoo (a picture made out of ink on your body), committed (loyal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like tattoos?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.