Teenager on a plane – level 1
A boy is at an airport in California. He is from Somalia. He wants to go back there. He wants to find his mother.
He gets inside the space for the plane’s wheel. The plane flies up. It is very cold up there. The boy has problems with breathing, but he lives. The plane lands in Hawaii.
Now the boy is at the airport in Hawaii. An airport worker finds him. The boy goes to hospital.
Difficult words: wheel (circle), breathe (to get air in the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been to Hawaii?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.