Teenager on a plane – level 2
A teenage boy lodged himself in the wheel well of a plane. The plane flew from California to Hawaii.
The teenager braved freezing temperatures and had little oxygen. However, he survived. A security camera filmed him in Hawaii. An airport worker noticed the boy, and people took him to hospital. He later told investigators that he was trying to go to Africa to find his mother.
Difficult words: lodge (place), well (space for the wheel), brave (to deal with a difficult situation).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been to Hawaii?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.