Teenagers and Instagram – level 1
Instagram is very popular. Teenagers use it a lot. Unfortunately, it can be dangerous, too. People share pictures on Instagram. They edit the pictures. To edit means that you make the picture look nicer.
Many teenage girls edit their selfies. They think that they will look more beautiful. When other girls see the pictures, they feel bad about themselves. They think that they are ugly.
Secret documents show that Instagram knows about this problem a long time ago.
Instagram says that it will be safer soon. There will be some new tools. Parents will see how much time their children are on Instagram. It will be possible to control the time for children to use it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.