Ten Injured by Etna – level 1
Etna is a volcano. It is active. It is in Italy. People visit the volcano. They are scientists and tourists.
There is some lava. The lava hits some snow. Since lava is hot and snow is cold, this makes an explosion. Ten people are in the explosion. Six people go to hospital.
Difficult words: volcano (a mountain which can explode or send out lava), scientist (a clever person who is an expert at something), lava (hot red stuff that looks like water that comes out of some volcanoes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.