Tesla car crash – level 1
The Tesla company makes semi-automated cars. This means that a special software helps the driver drive the car. Tesla has plans to make a fully automated car this year. A fully automated car can move without a driver.
An accident happens last week. It happens in Texas, US. A Tesla car crashes into a tree. It starts to burn. Firefighters stop the fire.
They see that there is no driver. A man sits next to the driver. Another man sits in the back. Both men die in the accident.
More Tesla car accidents happen recently. Officials want to check Tesla’s cars carefully. It can be a problem for Tesla’s plans for the new software. Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk, is confident. He believes that the new software will be good.
Difficult words: recently (a short time ago), CEO (the boss of a company), confident (when somebody is sure about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos