Tesla wins at court – level 1
Tesla is working on Autopilot and Full Self-Driving systems. CEO Elon Musk thinks that they are important for the company’s future. But the government checks these systems carefully.
Last year, Justine Hsu sues Tesla. Her Model S crashes into the edge of a road. She is hurt in the crash. The car is on autopilot. Hsu says that autopilot and the airbag system are bad. Tesla says that Hsu drives on city streets with autopilot. She should not do this.
A California court says that Tesla is not responsible for the accident. Tesla’s autopilot does not fail in the crash. Hsu does not get any money.
Difficult words: autopilot (a device which controls a ship, car, or other vehicle without a person’s activity), CEO (the boss of a company), sue (to take legal action against a person or company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the opinion of Justine Hsu regarding the Tesla Autopilot and airbag system?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos