The coffin of Miguel de Cervantes – level 2
Scientists believe that they found the coffin of Miguel de Cervantes. Cervantes was a legendary Spanish writer. His famous novel “Don Quixote” changed Spanish literature in the 17th century.
People found the coffin in a small chapel in Madrid. There are initials of “MC” on it, but experts cannot be sure if the coffin belonged to Cervantes. The remains in the coffin belonged to more than one person. When scientists analyse the remains, we will be able to say if some of them belonged to the writer.
Difficult words: coffin (a long box for a dead person), chapel (a small church), remains (the body of somebody who has died).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you read Don Quixote?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.