The Colour Run – level 2
The Colour Run is only two years old, but it is already quite popular. More than 12,000 people participated in the 5-kilometre run in Dubai.
People showered the participants with coloured powder every kilometre. The run is known as the happiest five kilometres on the planet. However, the fun run has its downsides. Some people said they swallowed some of the powder.
The run is a celebration of health and happiness. People can exercise and have fun at the same time.
Difficult words: participate (to do something), powder (something that is like very soft sand), swallow (to allow something to pass down the throat).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you run?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.