The Coronavirus App – level 1
Companies Apple and Google make a special software. It helps stop the coronavirus. People install an app in their phones. The app sends a message when someone meets a person with the coronavirus.
The app does not use GPS. It uses Bluetooth. Bluetooth gets data from the phone every 10 – 15 minutes.
Some people are not happy. They say that the app is not safe. They say that it can show the names of sick people. Some users can believe the app only. It is possible that they do not go to the doctor.
There is one official app in every country around the world. In the US, every state can make its own rules.
The type of phone is not important. The app works in all phones.
Difficult words: app (a software or program that is in a phone), GPS (a system of satellites which can tell where on the planet someone is), Bluetooth (a technology that helps phones talk with each other).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.