The Great Barrier Reef – level 2
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most beautiful areas on the planet. The World Wildlife Fund tries to protect the reef.
The people in the organisation wanted to make people care about the reef, so they took a small camera and put it on a turtle. The turtle then swam in the ocean and filmed a beautiful video. The organisation then showed the video to the world ahead of an important decision.
Peopled decided that Australia must improve protection of the Great Barrier Reef. In eighteen months, Australia will tell the world how it is doing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the Great Barrier Reef?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.